Extreme heat is the combination of heat and humidity that causes air to become oppressive. Older people are more prone to the dangers of the summer heat because their bodies respond slower to the rapid change of temperature. In addition, most of them have an existing medical problem, which can be an additional weakness.
As a caregiver in Nevada, the following are necessary for us to keep seniors safe in the hot weather. We make sure to:
- Keep them hydrated all the time by monitoring their fluid intake and their condition.
- Apply sunblock when it is necessary for them to go out of the house and wear eye protection. But we encourage them to stay indoors as much as possible.
- Let them take a cool shower or hold a cool towel on their neck after being outdoors.
- Keep the insides of their home cool, especially the areas where they like to spend most of their time.
- Check their medicines and store them according to their storage recommendation.
Hiring our home care services in Las Vegas, Nevada, can help keep your loved ones safe all the time. With their age, proper monitoring is essential. There are plenty of factors to consider for their health and safety.
If you are looking for a reliable care provider, call Quality in Home Care Services. We provide a line of services, all for the benefit of your loved ones. For more details, check out our website.